Long time no blog, but I am back and hopefully this time it will be for good. I am going to aim to do at least 1 post per week, thought I would set myself a little goal just to make it feel more realistic and anything more than 1 post a week will be a bonus. I am going to take a different route to blogging, it will mainly be lifestyle related but also posts like this one that you're about to read, something similar to those you can find on BuzzFeed let's say, but my own twist on them. Hopefully you'll all still enjoy and join me on the 2015 journey.
I am a massive One Tree Hill fan and have watched every single episode possibly twice, some maybe even more. So let's see what 10 things I have learnt from One Tree Hill....
1. "Why does everybody lie? The bad guys lie to get in your bed, and the good guys lie to get in your heart" We've all been in the situation where we are head over heels for the bad guy, yes we know deep down he is terrible but there is still something about him. Oh and then there is Mr Nice Guy... or so we think, they always know the right things to say so you'll be smitten as hell with them, but then they will drop you like a sack of potatoes!
2. "There is nothing worse in the world than thinking you have a chance when you really don't" Be that the chance with that guy you've been dating but then all of a sudden he goes quiet as hell or he simply thinks things won't work out (what a cop out that is), or the chance that you really can't fit into those size 8 bikini bottoms again when we've all tried to get the Kim K ass.
3. "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose" And yes I am talking about guys! We have all been there where we think that he is the best thing since sliced bread, but we are literally just another notch on his bed post. Girls, let's face it we all know deep down that Mr Nice Guy is out there for us, so why do we always seem to settle for second best...? Purely just because someone is paying us a little bit of attention, we are worth more than that.
4. "You've got to grab every second you have with the people you love" Time really is a precious thing that I think we seem to forget about at times. Yesterday is gone but we are never promised a tomorrow, so tell the people you mean the world to you how much you love them, send them a small text message or a funny video on Facebook, just something to remind them that you are thinking about them.
5. "It's time to play truth or date. Or maybe just dare, because nobody really tells the truth anymore" It is a simple fact that we are such liars, be it a little white lie to the parents or saying you have other plans with friends, but really you just want a night to slob out in front of the tv. Let's just be honest about life, because as my point 4 states we are not promised a tomorrow. I always think throwing yourself out of your comfort zone is one of the best and worst things you can do, but you will never know until you try it so be a little dare devil and enjoy life.
6. "There are a handful of moments in your life that you just know while it's happening you're going to remember for the rest of your life" Be those moments happy or sad ones there will always be some moments that you will treasure forever no matter where you go, what you do or who you end up with in life. Make the most of moments while they last and make them memories to live with forever.
7. "Eventually we learn to define happiness for ourselves, on our own terms, in spite of the plain other people have caused us" We have all had our hearts broken by the guy who told us he was different to all the others, we have had arguments with best friends for weeks later them become just a stranger to you, we have had family who are blood but mean nothing to you for whatever reason. These people have hurt us and broke us down, but the fight is the way we actually define what happiness really is for ourselves. Maybe that is a quite hour on a Saturday afternoon with a book, maybe it is a night out with the girls to let your hair down or maybe it is writing your own thoughts down. Remember in life to make sure you define what makes you happy and don't always do things for others or rely on others to make you happy, we are all fighting a battle of our own.
8. "Imagine a moment in your life where all your dreams come true. Who's standing next to you?" I think this is probably the most memorable quote from One Tree Hill and that important scene, but have you ever actually asked yourself this question? Who would you really want standing there when everything you have ever dreamed of becomes a reality? I know for a fact I have thought this several times and yet I still don't know. We will always have that one person who we can say without hesitation but is it really them that you want or is that just the now moment speaking?
9. "Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep people away. But to see who cares enough to tear those walls down" I will hold my hands up now and say that I am one of those girls who has her guard up, simply because I am fed up of guys thinking it is okay to hurt girls and it just seems the nor in their every day lives, well it isn't fair. But I don't just do it to keep myself guarded, I do it to see who will stick around and fight for those walls to come down, because some day someone will knock the wall down and they will see that it is worth the effort. So don't worry girls, your wall will be knocked down by someone who truly deserves the real you.
10. "At some point you've got to let go of the past and start writing the future" And this is exactly what I plan on doing, starting today, in 2015 I am going to let go of the past, the bad times need to be left far behind and to not ruin my future as I have missed opportunities due to that but not anymore. I am excited about the future and what it has in store, so here's to 2015 and the hope of a tomorrow.