Lifestyle: A Day in Nottingham - Kitty Cafe, George's & TGI Fridays

Leave a Comment
Hey sweeties

I think I am slowly getting back into the blogging mode, I have been reading a lot more posts and it is giving me the push to want to come back into the blogging world, as we are a lovely friendly bunch aren't we? I have always wanted to go in the direction of being a more lifestyle type of blogger, as I see my blog as an online diary and somewhere I can look back on memories. It seems my social calendar has become a little busy lately, which is the perfect excuse to blog away.

This weekend Charlotte and Daz came down from Manchester for a day in Nottingham, it went stupidly quick as it always does whenever we arrange a meet up for a day. Scott and I met them at the train station and we headed off to have a little shop to start the day off, obviously.

Just after 1pm we headed to the Kitty Cafe, this was mine and Charlotte's second time at the Kitty Cafe but a first for Daz and Scott, in Nottingham. You get a 1 hour slot where you can sit and have tea and cake with the likes of playful kittens running around you, seriously how cute? Charlotte and I had been just before Christmas and I was over the moon to see one of the cats that had been snuggled up to me before still there.
After our hour slot we had a little wander around Nottingham, I even became a tourist in my home town, we had to have some photos with Robin Hood as this is a standard thing to do when in Nottingham, right?
Just after 4pm we headed to George's for food. It was the first time any of us had been and it's safe to say that we will be returning. From the moment we walked into the restaurant to the moment we left I was in awe of the place and just how beautiful it was and not to mention how delicious the food was. To start the guys had a sharing starter which is made up of 3 dishes from a select from the menu, I managed to get some of the Scotch Egg and my goodness that was taste sensation!! For main I had the Scampi with a mountain of chips (totally defeated me as I couldn't eat them all), Scott and Daz had the Paprika Battered Fish (which looked amazing) and Charlotte had the Proper Dirty Double Burger - uh-may-zing!!
After we had stuffed ourselves at George's, we headed over to TGI Fridays for some celebratory cocktails, as Charlotte and Daz have been having a lot of good news coming their way lately and we couldn't be happier for them. We did a round of 2 cocktails each, obviously had some photo opportunities and then headed to the train station to go home (sad times).

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig