Well here I am again, after another blogging break that I wasn't expecting to take at all it just kind of happened and something that I needed to do, once again. I won't even say "oh I am going to make sure I blog at least once a week or twice a month" because my heart isn't major into blogging anymore. It is a thing that I want to do when I randomly wake up at 3am and think damn that would be a great post to share, so it will be odd posts here and there, but then again it could be one a week, who knows.
Recently I have had a mini break to Paris with my best friend Charlotte and ever since getting back that is all I have been talking about, dreaming about and wishing I were still there. So I thought I would share some photos from the trip as it was just so damn beautiful, but also 10 things that I learnt while over there, enjoy...
2. The best way to spend a Saturday evening is under the Eiffel Tower with a bottle of Champagne and nibbles. Yes that's right, no clubs, bars or pubs needed in Paris. Simply take whatever drink and food you like and sit under the Eiffel Tower at night and watch it glow, simply breathtaking. And no there aren't any drunken chavs believe it or not!!
4. The French don't make cocktails how we do. And yes I do consider this to be a down fall. Usually on holidays to Spain and so on cocktails have been the same as in the UK but hell of a lot stronger, but it seems in Paris a Daquiri isn't a frozen cocktail, but it is a bitter lemon strong concoction!!
5. That some of the food over there is to die for, and some not so nice! Breakfast is simply the best and easiest meal of the day to grab while on the go in Paris, crepes became a favourite of ours and they were the best I had ever eaten. Lunch on the go is easy as well, wander down any random street and you will find endless cafes and bakeries, yes a french baguette for lunch is the one. But be careful when ordering certain foods, especially sausage as it might not come out how you expect at home, we had a nightmare with sausage and it has put me off sausage for a while back home now.
7. You will take hell of a lot of photos. Now this might go without saying but I think between the two of us we must have taken 1000+ photos while on a 4 day break in Paris, but why the hell not? Need photos of those French flowers, all of the food, the streets of Paris, the sights and the selfies, it needs to be done!! Oh and always make sure you have your camera and phone charged, as I made the mistake of letting my camera die, bad times!
8. Getting lost is totally okay. No seriously it really is! You will always find your way back to where you started out and what better way to find little dainty streets and beautiful sights. We stumbled up on some beautiful streets and places to take the perfect photos, well why not right?
10. When you get home you WILL want to go back. Honestly, like the next day or even as soon as you land back in the UK or wherever you are in the world. I haven't even been back 3 weeks yet and I already miss the carefree lifestyle over there and wandering around finding such beautiful sights and eating the best fresh food. I will be back Paris, I promise.