Lifestyle: Girly Day In Manchester & Paige Toon Book Signing..♥

3 comments
Hey sweeties♥

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend? Despite the weather turning chilly and it resembling October out there rather than the end of June, I have had such a lovely weekend. So today I thought I would share with you all my little outing that I took on Saturday up to Manchester.
If you’ve been reading Life of a Sweetaholic for some time now you will know that Paige Toon is my favourite author and I am always going on about how amazing her books are (they really are), so when I got Charlotte into her books too we were over the moon that she announced a book signing in Manchester. So I hopped on the train early Saturday morning to meet Charlotte to go to the book signing at Waterstones in Manchester, we got there fairly early and ended up chatting away and the time just flew by and then we were there with Paige herself. Honestly, she is such a down to earth author and an all round wonderful woman, we must have been talking to her for a good 10 minutes or more about our favourite book (Johnny Be Good) and all of the exciting plans Paige has in store over the next year or so. We even managed to get some photos with her too which was really lovely.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After the book signing we headed off the Yates’ to go and meet Georgina so we could give her birthday gifts to her, although it was at the beginning of June better late than never. We ended up having some lunch at Yates’ too and then Georgina and her boyfriend Liam went off into town while Charlotte and I scoffed our food.
All fed, we then headed for the shops and boy did we shop until we dropped, as usual. Of course Primark was the shop we ended up spending the most time and money in, but we got some right bargains. We then headed to Select and I got a lovely bagful for £20 result, then we went into Boots and New Look and the day had gone so fast, but we had so many giggles along the way and I don’t think we ever shut up talking either. It was so nice to spend the day with Charlotte, as I haven’t spent the day with just us two, but it always goes too fast whenever we are together, the only downside but shows we had such good fun. We headed to the train station and of course took some photos, we must have looked a right pair sitting on a bench giggling and snapping away.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I will do a haul post of what I got on my trip to Manchester later in the week, as it will be quite picture heavy and I have some odd little holiday purchases that I have picked up recently too that I will include.  
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. I'm so jealous, I love Paige Toon!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Paige Toon, she's one of my favourites! I'm a librarian and I'm always telling people to read her books!

    laura
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I loved reading this post hun,
    I had such a fun day with you too, I loved getting to meet Paige Toon with you too hehe!

    It was so funny snapping away those photos at the end too hehe.

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig