Cupcake Decorating At April Delights..♥

18 comments
Hello cupcakes!

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I would usually start to moan about now with getting the Sunday night blues, but oh no not this weekend as I have the rest of the week off of work - let's give that a big WHOOP!!

This weekend has been pretty damn good, yesterday was spent totally chilled out, seriously I didn't get out of my pj's all day - I even took Alfie a walk around the close in them it was so comfy. But today I was up super early, yes on a Sunday I know it doesn't sound right does it?

I went along to a cupcake and cakepop decorating class at April Delights which is located in Nottingham.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is such a beautiful little place and I had such an amazing time. I brought a deal for 2 off of Groupon a few months back now so I took my best friend Lisa with me and we were in heaven - cake, sweeties and lots of tea. We were shown how to make certain flowers, how to use the textured patterns and how to make different colour sugar paste - it was so brilliant. We then got to decorate 6 cupcakes ourself and Liam and I were in our element, having giggles, supping on tea and decorating cupcakes how we wanted. I have to say that I am SO pleased with how my cupcakes turned out, I didn't think I had it in me to actually decorate cupcakes in such a beautiful way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Calla Lilies, Bow, Rose
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pearls, Glitter, Flower&Butterfly
During the 4 hour session we were called up in groups of 6 to then make 6 cakepops each to take home, we were shown the techniques used to coat the cake pops and to decorate. I feel that I could actually master doing them on my own (finally), so watch this space as I shall be doing some Halloween styled cakepops during my week off so will pop a post up of those.

What do you all think to the cupcakes that I designed? My favourite has got to be the Calla Lilies - they were tricky to do to start with but then once I'd got the hang of it I was SO impressed with the outcome, as for the bow as well, that was difficult I almost gave up but I wanted to keep going at it.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

  1. they all look so nice :) the rose one is pretty impressive! well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous! You did such a fab job, I love the Calla Lilies the best but the Rose is really impressive too. They look too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much!
      I really don't want to eat them now I've done them hehe!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Awww they're gorgeous! :-) I love the Calla Lilies cupcake and can't wait to see your Halloween themed ones!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :)
      I am so impressed with the Calla Lilies :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Rachel they seriously look professional! Wow! I'm blown away, you should start a side line hun you enjoy baking so much I'd buy off you!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much lovely :) that is so sweet of you. I'd love to do something like this but I don't think I'd have the time at the moment which is sad really :(
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wowzers Rachel these are incredible! The lily cake is amazing and I love how you've covered them all in glitter :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much :) that is so lovely of you to say!! The glitter was the best part, I got it everywhere hehe!!
      xx

      Delete
  6. They're amazing! I'm really impressed, they're really good for someone that's just gone along to a cupcake decorating class! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :)
      I was so impressed with the class and loved getting all creative :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. These are gorgeous and look super! I love the pearled one xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing!! :D

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loveee decorating cupcakes , so fun!! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely amazing hun, I love them so much.
    my favorite being the lily design.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig