Alfie Diary #1

16 comments
Hey sweeties

Today is the first of a new series on Life of a Sweetaholic, as promised I would update you all with how Alfie is going on every month, I would like to do it more often but I think a monthly post is good enough for now to see how he is progressing.

*Warning*
There will be a lot of images which may make you melt, go 'awwwwwwww' and you'll no doubt say 'I want him'. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Alfie 5 weeks old, 7 weeks old, 8 weeks old and 10 weeks old
So we have had Alfie for a month already, I cannot believe how fast the time has gone, but then at the same time it feels like we've had him for years. The first week was surreal, getting use to the very early mornings and caring for something so small and cute was really overwhelming at times - he was only 7 weeks and 2 days when we brought him home so he was a little tiny tot. Over the first week he got use to the different sounds and smells around the house and he was slowly getting use to his toys in the house too.

Since the first week Alfie has grown so much and developed both in size and in confidence around myself and Liam, the house and visitors he has - mainly family and friends. He has had both of his injections so on Saturday he will be able to go out for walks - I am so excited about getting wrapped up and taking him out on small walks to start with and then eventually longer and more exciting walks and places.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Without a doubt he is a mummy's boy, he is all for me when he wants food and a place to sleep, I swear I must be so comfy as whenever I hold him he tends to snuggle up and go to sleep. But he loves his daddy for fun and playtimes - result. He has many toys but his favourites are his teddy, a plastic pop bottle and a small blue bone, over the last week he has started to think that his comfy bed in the living room is a toy too and tends to dig under it and flip it around, it is so funny to watch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alfie is such a sleepy puppy - well it is a hard life being a puppy right? He sleeps in the most random places, one of which is the bathroom floor matt - cuteness or what? He has mastered going upstairs like there is no tomorrow, we now have a baby gate at the kitchen door to stop him bolting off, he can only go upstairs when myself or Liam are up there. He isn't that confident on going down the stairs yet, he tends to bark at the steps and waits for one of us to carry him down, bless his little paws.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am seriously so in love with my little puppy, I didn't realise just how much love I could get from him, he makes me heart melt everytime he does something new or sleeps in a new place. At the moment one of his favourite spots to sit is on a pillow in the conservatory in the sun, I just think he wants free highlights!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So that is the first month of Alfie being in his new home, he is such a wonderful puppy and I cannot wait for the next month to see how he develops.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

  1. omg he is so cute <3
    I want a cute little pup so bad :D

    Love all the sleeping pictures.

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually dying at how cute Alfie is, all the photos of him sleeping are adorable, especially as he is hanging out of his basket! Arhghgh. I'm glad you're such a proud mum, he sounds like the perfect puppy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your Alfie-posts, he's really such a cutie. Unfortunately I have an allergy so I can't have a dog... But I enjoyed your pictures a lot =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg this is the cutest thing ever!! :o xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the CUTEST THING EVER. AHHHHH I WANT HIM. I do, I do, I do.

    I love dogs so, so much! I might have to pop up a post about mine soon! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I WANT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is one of the cutest dogs I have ever laid my eyes on. Oh my god.

    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh he's adorable!! I'd love to cuddle him :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOD!!! I just cooed at every picture, he's so so gorgeous and looks like a little bundle of fun. I can't believe how small he is in his bed, sooooo tiny!

    My favourite picture has to be the one where he's half in/half out of his bed...so adorable, I can't stop giggling!

    I hope you both have many wonderful years with the little man, he's so gorgeous!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need an Alfie in my life. He's so damn cute!?! Perfect puppy ever.

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok i have to say it, awwwww, hes adorable, i want him hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute doesnt even begin to describe your puppy!
    What a fun post to read :)

    I have just started a blog to document my experience with arthritis as a young person please check it out if you have time.

    http://porcelaindoll-xo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is so cute, I just want to give his ears a good stroke and give him lots of kisses.
    He is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig