Afternoon Tea, Audi R8 & My Foot Injury

12 comments
Hello my lovely sweeties

As you may already know from my August Plans post I have been a super busy bee so far and I still have lots of exciting things coming up - yay! So instead of doing individual posts or really big posts where I just blab on and on with what I've been up to I thought I'd break it down a little into a couple of days/activities at a time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Let's start off with a little bit of bad news to get it out of the way and then onto some nicer things,Monday morning while heading off to work I tripped up outside the house and ended up smacking the side of my baby toe and ripping part of the nail off. At first it was just very sore and achey, but then as the day went on I lost feeling in the toe and looked at my foot to find it slowly swelling up and bruising where I'd hit it. Then when I got home that night it began getting bigger and I couldn't actually walk on my foot at all, I didn't see the point in going to A&E for a little bang and if I had broken a toe or something they wouldn't have been able to do anything, so I sat at home with my foot strapped up and a bag of peas on. Over the next couple of days I found it so painful to walk on, I was either hopping around, going down the stairs on my bum or going to work in my slippers. Now almost a week later I can finally walk on my foot normal but I have such a big bruise all over the top of my foot and its safe to say my baby toe is looking like a little fat sausage.

So due to my little accident I found it quite hard walking around Newark where I took my mum for an Afternoon Tea on Thursday as part of her birthday, we went to a lovely little tea room for the Afternoon Tea and to say its the first we've had we didn't know what to expect at all, but my goodness it was so lovely. I really enjoyed spending time out and about with my mum while scoffing lovely sandwiches, yummy cakes, fresh scones, lots of tea and a glass of champagne each - it was simply delightful. We then had a little wander around Newark and into a few of the shops, I loved looking in all of the little trinket shops and umming and ahhing if to buy anything or not, in the end I brought a jumper from Dorothy Perkins and a few bits and bobs. Luckily the rain held off until we had finished having a wander around the town, while having a yummy fruit smoothie the rain decided to pay us a visit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then on Friday I spent the day with the two favourite men in my life - Liam and Dad. As part of my dad's birthday (in February) I brought him a Driving Experience Day and I had only just booked it, well I did want nice weather so we'd hopefully be able to get some good photos. Dad wanted to drive his ultimate favourite car the Audi R8 and I have to say that they really are stunning cars - swoon! We arrived at Prestwold Hall race track just before 12pm as you have to be there an hour early to ensure that there is enough time to sign in and have the briefing etc. It was lovely weather for the few hours that we were there, dad had an amazing time in the Audi R8 and he also had a passenger ride included within the bundle - so lots of fun to be had. After we went to a local pub near the track called The Packe Arms and they did the most amazing food that I've had in a long time and the pub was seriously stunning, really olden looking and pretty inside.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments

  1. Awww, hope your foot gets better! :(

    www.sophie-said.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those treat you had at your tea look so yummy.
    I'd love to go to one of these and eat lots of different cakes hehe!
    sounds like my dream day, it sounds like you had a lovely few days with the parents!its so lovely our close to your family hehe!
    that audi looks amazing, i'd love to have a go driving one of these myself - only on track of course, i'd probs end up crashing an expensive car like this in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The afternoon tea was SO good - we'll have to go for one hun for our next meet up!!
      Had such a lovely few days and thank goodness the weather held off until we'd done haha!!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hope your foot hurries up and gets better soon! The afternoon tea look so yum!

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy :) the foot is all better now thank goodness!!
      The afternoon tea was amazing :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Ouch your foot injury looks and sounds painful! Hope it feels better soon :)
    The afternoon tea looks lovely too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was painful, I am so clumsy on my feet hehe!
      The afternoon tea was lovely :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your foot lovely! Hope it's better soon! Looks like you had an amazing time :) xxx
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely :) It's all better now yay :)
      I've had an amazing time thank you xxx

      Delete
  6. This afternoon tea looks amazing.. I'd go for afternoon tea every day if I could! Hope your foot is better now Rach :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good :) you should deffo go for one somewhere they are brilliant :)
      Thanks lovely, foot is all better now :)
      xx

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig