Nail Crackle - Black vs Gold

29 comments
In my ever expanding collection of nail varnish I only have 2 crackle varnishes, both from the Barry M range, those being black and gold. To be honest I haven't ever really put them to use so I thought to myself on a random afternoon that I'd do a little tester of which I prefer. 

1. Models Own Coral Reef 2. Models Own Bubblegum 3. Models Own Fuzzy Peach 4. Barry M Pink Flamingo 5. ELF Teal 6. 17 Fairy Cake 7. 17 Parma Violet 8. Models Own Top Turquoise 9. Barry M Blue Moon

 Each nail had been given one coat of coloured nail varnish then dried for around 10 minutes to ensure that the nail effects worked properly. I then applied one layer of the Gold Barry M nail effects onto one of each coloured nails. 

I think my favourites from the gold crackle effect has got to be Barry M Pink Flamingo and ELF Teal, the golden effect seems to have worked best on these and not made the varnish underneath faint or dull either. 

On the other nails I then applied a layer on the Black Barry M nail effects to see how this would turn out on each colour.

I think that the effect from the black is very different to the golden effect and I must admit that I do prefer the gold effect much better, as it seems more subtle and has taken better. With the black on some of the colours it has made it look a little dull, which isn't something that I'd go for on my nails. 

Although, my favourites from the black effect has got to be Models Own Fuzzy Peach and Models Own Top Turquoise. 

Do you like the crackle effect nail vanishes?
 Which is your favourite brand/colour?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

29 comments

  1. I think i perfer the gold crackle rather than the black, i was never really interested in the black crackle nail polish..
    Great post hun!

    Holly,xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment hun!
      I agree I wasn't really into the black and I think I might have worn it twice if that, the gold is much nicer and has glitter too xx

      Delete
  2. I only have the Barry M crackle in black but I like the look of the gold one on all those colours. Need to get me one of those nail wheels things! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :)
      You can buy the nail wheels on e-bay, they really are brilliant for doing nail art and posts like this with xx

      Delete
  3. i love this effect but at the same time i don't! it wont look good unless u get the colour combo right and its so difficult since the crackling polishes dont come in a variety of colours! bum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where you are coming from, I think I prefer the gold over the black and it is hard to find the right colour combo! xx

      Delete
  4. I use to have a few crackle varnishes back in the UK, had blue, black [both barry m] and silver. I think my favorite was always the silver [a new look one] and I hated the blue version. I got bored with the crackle effect really quick though, but I do like it on other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed like everyone got them all as soon as they came out and within a couple of months people got bored!! I don't think I'll be buying any more different colours xx

      Delete
  5. Barry M is also my favourite brand. The pink flamingo with the gold looks good also:)
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) I love the pink flamingo with or without the crackle, gorgeous colour xx

      Delete
  6. I much prefer the gold crackle on your samples. I only have the black Barry M crackle effect, but am planning on buying the gold one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think that the gold can go with a lot more colours and make them stand out where as the black was more about a statement xx

      Delete
  7. I love crackle effect polishes! Barry M's black is my fave :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are great, I've only ever used Barry M effects and they do give good results xx

      Delete
  8. I prefer the gold to the black personally. I use Barry M for crackle polish!

    http://www.non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the gold is so lovely in life too, it has glitter and shimmer!! xx

      Delete
  9. When you put them all together like this the gold crackle looks so much better than the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I agree I do love the gold effect xx

      Delete
  10. Great post! I haven't tried this nail polish yet but I did see in a magazine this month to try switching it up and paint the horizontal.

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :)
      Ooooh wow, I hadn't thought about doing it horizontal, might have to give it a go xx

      Delete
  11. I had not seen the gold crackle nail varnish !
    I think it looks a little bit more classy !
    Love it on the turquoise colour :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does look a lot more classy, I think I'd only use the black for halloween or something now
      xx

      Delete
  12. All the nail varnishes are gorgeous!
    I think I prefer the gold effect! :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the parma violet with the black crackle effect xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is a gorgeous colour on its own and with the effect too hun xx

      Delete
  14. Really loving your blog, followed :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is really kind of you xx

      Delete
  15. I love what you've done here, its always a god idea to see how its going to look before you paint your nails and then hate it,
    i love both the crackle effect colours,
    i find the gold is more subtle though and goes with most colours, i see what you mean about the parma violet and the gold crackle effect now, i need to get me some colour wheels.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig